|What is the "Twin Cities Transplants"?
The Twin Cities Transplants is a group that was founded in 1990, to help transplanted professionals meet one another.
The goal? To help build a circle of friends … a sense of community in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul.
Here's more detail on the group AND how to join:
NOTE: The Twin Cities group has moved its location to Meetup. Please visit: http://www.meetup.com/Twin-Cities-Transplants. This will tell you how to join the meetup so you'll be up to date on what's going on with TCT.
In the meantime, here's more info:
The group has over 500 members from all around the country and the world. And there are even some native Twin Citians who've joined. More about TCT:
- The members are ages mid-20's to early 50's.
- They're "professionals" (that's a vague word, but in this case it means they're college-educated and work in a range of fields -- marketing, academics, sales, etc.)
- While many members are single, more couples are joining all the time!
- The group meets for an "official" / welcoming event (usually a happy hour or an occasional party or picnic) once every 4-6 months: from 40-80 people show up for each event. NO NEED to wait for the “official“ events - just jump in and get involved. And the FAC (Friday afternoon Club) happy hours are an easy way to get involved. These events are unstructured -- just a very friendly "happy hour" atmosphere. Come alone or bring friends.
- NOTE: This branch of the Transplants has moved to a meetup group -- to join visit the following site: http://www.meetup.com/Twin-Cities-Transplants/